With the Touch of a Master Craftsman
Even the best made watches break down or need service from time to time. But that doesn’t mean you have to put up with it. Making your watch as good—or even better—than new has been our business for years. We’re one of the most trusted names out there, and here’s why.
Watch Repair & Co. employs only the best, most experienced watchmakers, with the highest level of skill and craftsmanship, in a workshop full of the latest tools and technology. And that’s why, for years, we’ve been known as one of the top stops for watch repair and restoration. That’s something we’re pretty proud of.
Our master watchmakers repair, service, and clean each watch with intricate precision and care, packing their extensive experience into every square micrometer of your watch—experience you’ll appreciate with every tic.
Why Every Watch Needs A Little TLC
It doesn’t matter if you’re wearing a Rolex or a Timex, your watch is going to wear down. Moisture, dust, impact, vibrations, even just everyday mechanical strain of all those intricate moving parts has an impact, and can cause your watch to run at less than its best.
Thankfully, you don’t have to sit there and let Mother Nature have her way! Just like with a car, preventative maintenance and upkeep goes a long way. To keep your watch running smoothly day-in and day-out, send it in regularly for cleaning, maintenance, and check ups.
A little goes a long way, because with a timepiece, the little things are the important things. Send your watch to a shop that doesn’t know what it’s doing, and those little things are going to cause you big problems.
Taking Care of Business
Watches are intricate, complicated machines. And the more premium the watch, the more intricate it gets. Our experienced watchmakers thrive on those intricacies. They know these watches inside and out, and they know exactly how to handle even the most complicated timepiece.
Here’s our process:
- First, we open the case back and remove the movement.
- Then, we completely take apart the mechanism. Parts under the greatest stress are replaced, including the mainspring and the automatic winding mechanism’s reverser wheel.
- We clean all parts with our state of the art, computer-operated cleaning machine.
- We carefully reassemble the movement, judiciously lubricating the various parts with only the specified types of oils, in the exact recommended quantity and method of application as specified by the original maker.
- We then return the optimally lubricated movement to its case and place it on a computerized timing machine, where its rate is tested and adjusted until it falls within specific tolerances.
- Finally, we give the watch a strict visual and technical function inspection. In order to ensure accuracy and perfect reassembly, an automatic watch winder simulates a 4-day period of everyday use.
As you can see, our process is exacting. And the result? Flawless.
So that’s how we do it: clean, repair, review, adjust, inspect for defects, review again, and after inspection and approval from the master watchmaker, ship it quickly back to the owner. And because we pride ourselves on our work and really do want our customers to be happy, we guarantee any work done for one (1) year from the date you get your watch back from service.
At Watch Repair & Co., your watch gets the VIP treatment. We want to make sure your watch runs smoothly, runs efficiently, and runs at optimum levels long into the future.
That’s our premium service: the highest quality skill and craftsmanship, backed by years of experience, done in a workshop full of the latest tools and technology. Anything less…well, that’s just not Watch Repair & Co.